Integrated Kaipara Harbour Management Group (IKHMG)
The vehicle in which to achieve the common vision and address issues take, was through establishing a group representing key crown agencies, community and regional council representatives. This group, the Integrated Kaipara Harbour Management Group (IKHMG) was established in 2005 by Ngā Kaitiaki Tai Ao o Kaipara. The IKHMG is led by the Te Uri o Hau Settlement Trust through its Kaitiaki Unit, Environs Holdings Trust and is co-chaired with Ngāti Whātua Ngā Rima o Kaipara.
The purpose of the IKHMG is to promote integrated and co-ordinated interagency management and kaitiakitanga of the Kaipara Harbour and its catchment.
- To facilitate and promote integrated management
- To add value and encourage partnerships
- Provide a forum to raise issues, concerns and identify solutions
- Join the IKHMG
- Support the planting of 2 million trees by 2015
- Share your experiences and contributions to the forum
- Check out news, information, & events at our website.